Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Birkie Quilt

Well, it's not the prettiest quilt I have ever made, but the recipient might be pretty happy about that. He requested "nothing fancy" when I decided to get started on it.   I made this quilt for a Mpls Modern Quilt Guild challenge where we needed to use only repurposed materials in the quilt.  I used t-shirts and race bibs from the Birkeibiener Ski Race that my husband does every year to piece the front.  They have seen over 500K of snowy hills in the northwoods of Wisconsin over the last 10 years.  There are a few pieces of his worn out pants and shirts in there as well.  I used a thrifted sheet for the back and an old blanket for the batting.  For the binding I used an old sheet that was given to us as a wedding gift to hold it all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment