Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A little something for my own bed!

I started this quilt over a year ago with the intention of using it in the summer. It is made from a luxurious collection of cotton voile from Anna Maria Horner, but it feels like silk. It is very light weight and I used Quilter's Dream Natural Request (the lightest batting I could find) to keep it that way. As soon as I stitched the last stitch, I tossed it on the bed to see how it looked. It took less than a minute for Lucea the cat to curl up on it. Less than a minute after that Hazel declared it "comfy" and curled up with her. No better seal of approval than that. Now I am looking forward to summer even more than I was before...

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I'm working (slowly) on one for our bed too. Yours is inspiring me to get it done! What did you use for the flip side?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Krista. I used the same grey solid voile from the front for the back. I looked it up and it is from FreeSpirit and is called "sky" but it is definetly more grey than blue.

    ReplyDelete