Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy 2012!


Well 2011 was a pretty exciting year for me. I decided to take a year long leave of absence from my teaching job in order to focus on a few important things. The "thing" at the top of that list was my family. For a while I had been juggling too many things and felt like I was short-changing them. My absolute most favorite thing about my leave has been walking my kids to school every morning. There is not a better way to start a day as far as I am concerned. After they are off to school, most days I have a chance to spend a brief amount of quality time with my husband in an empty house. Another thing I have been doing with my time is really focusing on this little hobby-business of mine. PixieSpit has been so much fun over the last few years and I wanted to make a real go of it. There are some pros and cons involved with trying to make a business of doing what you love, but for the most part things have been going incredibly well. So, here I sit ready to make a spreadsheet with fancy number and formulas to see how it all looks on paper. I need to decide if I am going back to my teaching job next fall by the end of this month... Fingers crossed that the spreadsheet supports the feeling in my gut!

No comments:

Post a Comment